Palmetto Derby Series
Dates & Class Specs
Derby Series Sponsor
SCHJA Junior Committee
SC Approved Officials
Rules & Regulations
Forms & Applications
SCHJA History & Trophies
2015 Executive Board:
2014 Special Awards
"Willie Locklear" Memorial
SCHJA Horsemanship Award
"Twist of Fate" Memorial
Amateur Sportsmanship Award
"Rebecca W. & Albin S. Johnson" Parent of the Year Award
2014 Junior Superlatives
As voted on by Juniors at the Banquet
Millwood Trophy for
Best Child Rider on a Horse
Pine Hollow Trophy for
Best Child Rider on a Pony
Whiz Kid Trophy for
SCHJA offers Year-End Division Awards and Equitation Medals for both the USEF/USHJA "A" Circuit as well as the state level "Palmetto" Circuit. Check the Calendar for shows that sanction SCHJA and start earning your points today!
Congratulations to our Year End Champions! Palmetto Hunter Derby Finals Champion - Grace McShane's Happy ridden by Christina Jason • Palmetto Junior Medal Finals Champion - Ellen Knight, Trained by Angela MacFawn • Jimmy Wofford Adult Medal Finals Champion - Katie Drummond, Trained by Irene Reed • Mary Ann Parmelee Pony Medal Finals Champion - Hannah Reed, Trained by Irene Reed
Be sure to view & purchase your photos from the finals from our OFFICIAL Horse Show Photographer:
Liz Crawley Photography • lizcrawley.com
Contact Ashlyn via E-mail (email@example.com)
if you would like to purchase a
2014 Palmetto Finals Long Sleeve T-Shirt
(Youth L, Youth XL, Adult S, Adult L - $20)
or a SCHJA Die-Cut Sticker (2 for $5 - White or Black)
Don't Forget: All proceeds from the sale of
SCHJA items go to benefit Danny & Ron's Rescue!
- Thank you to our Junior Committee Members and Board Liason members for organizing the SCHJA Merchandise table. Our Junior Members manned the table through the 2014 Palmetto Medal Finals weekend to raise money for Danny & Ron's Rescue!
- 2014 Champion - Hannah Reed, Trained by Irene Reed - Liz Crawley Photo
- Photo from Annie Patterson - We love getting photos from our members to use on the website and prize lists. Email them to Ashlyn!
- Matthew Bravo, shown with trainer Karen Kelley, takes a blue ribbon in his first Hopeful Jumper class with Pompeii - Annie Patterson Photo
- Zeltonik with owner Jordan Burton competing in the Regular Working Hunters - Liz Crawley Photo
- 2014 Champion - Happy, Grace McShane & Christina Jason, Trained by Charles Hairfield - THANK YOU TO THE TACK ROOM! - Liz Crawley Photo
- 2014 Champion - Ellen Knight, Trained by Angela MacFawn - Liz Crawley Photo
- 2014 Champion - Katie Drummond, Trained by Irene Reed - Liz Crawley Photo
- The beautiful SCHJA trophy spread at the Springdale Hall Club, site of our annual Year End Awards Banquet - a truly spectacular dinner experience!
- 2014 Ashley Hall Derby Winner Classic Murmur & Taylor Kay with Derby Reserve Icy London & Allie Augustine
- Palmetto Derby Series
- SCHJA Member Charles Parker Smith shows at Mullet Hall on Johns Island, SC
- Christina Jason shows City Bound owned by Jenna Weiner in the Palmetto Hunter Derby at the PSJ Mullet Hall Fall Classic
- Grace McShane & Channel Crossing over the SCHJA jump at Mullet Hall
- Stephanie Von Bidder & Linda Gavit's Pizzazz show at the PSJ Medal Finals in Aiken, SC
- Thank you to our SCHJA Members on Facebook for allowing us to use their photos! If you see your photo and it doesn't have a credit - email us!
- Bailey Cone & Hartlee Blackhurst's Caladora take on the bank at Highfields in the handy round.
- Equus Events hosts the SCHJA Governor's Cup Finals at the Aiken Fall Festival in September each year.
- The SCHJA awards ribbons and prizes for top scoring members at the Year End Awards Banquet in December at Springdale Hall in Camden, SC
- Jaana Rasmussen receives the "Whiz Kid" Sportsmanship Trophy with Trainer Lee Cone & Bailey Cone at the Year End Awards Banquet
- 2013 Palmetto Junior Finals Winner Darby Pease with Trainer Charles Hairfield take a celebratory photo op at the SC Equine Park in Camden, SC
- SCHJA Member Elizabeth McKim & Quintessential qualified for and competed at the Capital Challenge Horse Show. We are proud of our members' accomplishments!
- 1944 - 2014
our Facebook Page to Receive Updates!
Help us THANK our 2014 Palmetto Finals Horse Show Sponsors!
Derby Series Sponsor
The Tack Room of Camden
Binswanger Glass ~ Columbia, SC
"Your One Stop Glass Shop" • 803-798-8787
Thad L. Myers, PA ~ Columbia, SC
Attorney At Law • 803-252-0005
Exhibitor's Party Sponsor
Burton Properties of Clemson, SC
Classic Ribbon Sponsor
Chuck & Mary Ellen Thompson
Congaree Show Stables
Brick Church Farm
Calvert Training Stables
Three Fox Farm
Adult Amateur Hunter
Medal & Derby Finalists Sponsors
The FRIDAY Bar
SCHJA Rule Changes For 2014 - Effective December 1, 2013
Points Awarded at USEF A/AA Shows
SCHJA will be using separate point charts for A and AA rated shows based on the USEF Point Chart. The SCHJA does not use the USEF increment system.
Pony Working Hunter
All ponies must be ridden by a junior exhibitor in pony working hunter, pony equitation, green pony working hunter classes. Adult exhibitors may ride ponies in classes that they are eligible to compete in and may do so at the same show that a junior exhibitor shows the pony in Pony Working Hunter, Pony Equitation, Green Pony Working Hunter. Stallions are barred from showing. Ponies must hold a current USEF or SCHJA or NCHJA measurement card or be measured prior to showing. Ponies are to be judged on performance, manners, way of going, and soundness. Extreme speed shall be penalized.
SCHJA Rule Changes For 2014 - Effective June 1, 2014
Pony Measurement Card Rule
At Palmetto rated horse shows, owners of ponies must possess a measurement card, a copy of a measurement card, or a valid measurement form issued by USEF, SCHJA, or NCHJA to show in pony restricted classes. SCHJA members without valid documentation may have their ponies measured at a Palmetto rated horse show and receive a SCHJA measurement card at no charge. Non-members may have their ponies measured for that day for a $5.00 fee.
If the measurement is disputed by the owner of the pony they have 30 days to have the pony re-measured by a different SCHJA, NCHJA and or USEF Steward.
Palmetto State Show Stewards & Measuring Clinic
All SCHJA Stewards or potential stewards to officiate at Palmetto rated horse shows must have completed a SCHJA Pony/Horse measuring clinic as of June 1 2014. Exception made for USEF or NCHJA Stewards. Also the steward has to have an USEF approved measuring stick available at the horse show.